Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Belly shots

Friends have been bugging me for pictures of my belly so I started taking profile shots a little while ago. So I finally got around to taking my first belly shot about a month ago. I think I've been in this weird mental state of trying to reconcile the way my body is changing with what my brain thinks should be my body. Nobody ever talks about the transition period from the beginning of pregnancy to the outright pregnant belly protrusion. After all, I live with my body every day so I'm not fully conscious of how my body is physically changing, though I do feel other things which I'll talk about later.

So the first pic (to the right) I took was at about 14 weeks and the second one (to the left) was at about 18 weeks. Not much of a visual difference in my opinion. I think in comparison to some of my friends, I'm not getting as big as they did when they were at my stage. I'm not trying to control my weight during this pregnancy at all. Instead I've decided to take the approach of eating healthy and if I want junk food every once in awhile, that's ok too. Just everything in moderation and balance. Perhaps this strategy has been working so far because I feel really good every day and I seem to not be gaining tons of weight.

It's been really interesting in one other respect as well. I've started not fitting some of my clothes so I busted out the rubber band about three weeks ago. It's this funny thing that I guess all pregnant women do - they loop a rubber band through the pants button and zip up as far as possible. My sister in law, M, told me about belly bands that can cover the waist area as I grow out of my non-pregnancy clothes. These have been great because they fix the problem of showing the awkward contraption at the top of my pants. Sometimes they don't stay put so I'm constantly tugging and readjusting, which is fine with me because the alternative is to go buy maternity clothes. I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should consider wearing the SAME shirt for all the photos... so we can really see the belly growth. =) -tpk