Worse yet I didn't pass my glucose test, which determines gestational diabetes, by only a couple of points so I have to go back and do the stupid 3 hour one tomorrow morning at 8a. Ever since last week, I've cut out almost all sugar and bad carbs. Great- who would have thought that I'd need to get back on the South Beach diet now that I'm pregnant?!
The other bothersome thing is that at the end of the day, my belly feels really heavy. The only relief I can get is if I sit down and put my feet up on the coffee table. Every night around the same time I also have to do what's called a kick count, to keep track of how active the baby is. So I finally figured out that I can get a quiet moment starting around 930p, sometimes 10p, where I can lie on my side, be still, and just wait for the the baby to kick. I have to see how long it takes for the baby to kick ten times and then record it on this chart that the doc gave me.
I marvel at little control over my body I feel like have these days. Being pregnant really makes me appreciate my non-pregnant days when I could just get up, go for a run or do something really strenuous without even thinking about the physical implications. I do not like feeling so fragile and having to ask for help from people for things like carrying heavy stuff. I hate not being able to help myself.
Otherwise I think I have been enjoying this pregnancy. I am really fortunate because I still have had no morning sickness or anything else really weird. I just hope that I pass my glucose test tomorrow otherwise I really don't know what else I need to do. I don't have a problem with cutting out sugar or bad carbs (because I don't crave it) so I'm a bit perplexed at why my body is doing this. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things turn out tomorrow morning.
1 comment:
Man, your OB/GYN sounds like a "baby Nazi". 3 babies and I didn't have to count fetal kick counts. Crazy. Were you having problems? That's the only reason why I would thing they would want you to concentrate on kick counts.
Post a Comment